Art and Design at St Chads Catholic and Church of England High School
The Edexcel GCSE in Art & Design encourages an adventurous and enquiring approach to art and design. Successful students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of past and contemporary art and design practice and be able to produce a personal response that embraces a range of ideas
Key features of this course are:
- Focus on art and design practice and the integration of theory, knowledge and understanding to reach a personal response.
- Content is appropriate and accessible to a range of levels of experience and ability.
- Provides for a number of specialist titles within the same framework.
This course is assessed by:
- Coursework 60%, Externally Set Assignment 40%.
- Both components internally assessed and externally moderated.
- Prepares students for the requirements at Advanced Subsidiary and Advanced GCE.
- Makes links to other art and design qualifications such as AS/Advanced GCE, GNVQ and BTEC National Diplomas
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Chads Catholic and Church of England High School directly.