Business Studies AS/A2 Level at Holte School
While studying this course students will develop the knowledge and understanding of:
• The practices and techniques used within marketing, finance, operations management, human resource management and the links between them.
• The processes, attractions and risks of setting up an enterprise.
• The relationship between the business and the changing external environment social and ethical issues in business.
Students have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the skills required for success as an entrepreneur, manager or employee
Unit 1 - Investigating Business (coursework)
Unit 2 - People in Business (coursework)
Unit 3 - Financial Planning and monitoring
Unit 8– Business Planning
Unit 10 - Promotional Activities
Unit 15 - Financial Accounting for Managers
5 GCSE’s grade A*-C including English and Mathematics.
It is not essential that students have studied Business Studies at GCSE.
Year 1 - AS
Unit 1 - 33.3 % of AS, 16.6 % of A Level
Unit 2 - 33.3 % of AS, 16.6 % of A Level
Unit 3 - 33.3 % of AS, 16.6 % of A level
Year 2 - A2 Level
Unit 8 - 16.6 % of A Level
Unit 10 - 16.6 % of A Level
Unit 15 - 16.6 % of A Level
The qualification allows for a number of progression routes including:
• Higher education: the Advanced awards provide a sound basis for progression to a range of HE courses, eg BA degrees in business subjects and HNDs
• Employment: the specification aims to maintain and support the recognised standards demanded for Applied Business education and training in order to meet the requirements of various business sectors.
These include examples such as Public Relations, Accountant, Sales Executive, Marketing, Stockbroker, Customer Service, Management, and Banking.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holte School directly.