IMI Level 2 Diploma in Servicing and Repair (General Fitting) at Leeds City College
This course is relevant to anyone wishing to undertake a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship or fast fit related work.It will provide knowledge of operating principles and practical skills including non-complex diagnosis methods.
The systems covered are:
- Repair/Replacement of High Performance Tyres
- Light Vehicle
- Four Wheel Alignment
- Removal, repair, replacement of exhaust components
- Inspection, removal, replacement and adjustment of brake components
- Performance improving and teamwork
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Manufacturing simple tools or components using special tools and equipment
GCSE grade D or Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English.
Applicants who are successful at interview but do not have the required grades, will be assessed to determine their ability to achieve Functional Skills to Level 1 and above.
Learners are assessed in the following ways:
- Observation of practical skills, oral questioning and knowledge tests
- Awarding body online knowledge exams
- Portfolio of evidence
- Written assignments
The progression from this course on successful completion would be to a Level 2 Maintenance and Repair or a Level 2 Body and Paint Course, which would involve more in depth and varied systems to cover.
Level 2 Functional Skills would be part of this course.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.