Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business Studies *FEES PAYABLE* at Bedstone College
The Business Studies Department at Bedstone College offers a BTEC Level 3 course in the Sixth Form. The course considers many aspects of the world of business including business ownership, internal organisation and planning, people in organisations, production, marketing, international trade and the economic environment.
It is delivered via the same number of lessons per week as an AS/A2 course in combination with the other subjects in your timetable. The course is divided into a series of “units” of which three are studied during the L6 and three in the U6. Assessment takes place throughout the course by written assignments that are based on your independent research and require you to apply business ideas from the unit that you are studying at the time.
Lower Sixth Units:
Unit 1 The Business Environment
* The range of businesses and their ownership
* How businesses are organised to achieve their purpose
* The impact of the economic environment on business
Unit 2 Business Resources
* How human resources are managed
* The purpose of managing physical and technological resources
* How to access sources of finance
* Interpretation of financial statements
Unit 3 Introduction to marketing
* The role of marketing in organisations
* The use of marketing research and marketing planning
* How and why consumer groups are targeted
* Developing a coherent marketing mix
Upper Sixth Units:
Unit 4 Business Communication
* Different types of business information
* Effective presentation of business information
* Understanding the issues and constraints in relation to the use of business informationin organisations
* Use of appropriate methods to communicate business information
The course then finishes with two "optional" units.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedstone College directly.