Chemistry AS-Level at St Clement Danes School
- To develop essential knowledge and understanding of the concepts of Chemistry and the skills needed for the use of these in new and changing situations
- To develop an understanding of the link between theory and experiment
- To be aware of how advances in information technology and instrumentation are used in Chemistry
- To appreciate the contributions of Chemistry to society and the responsible use of scientific knowledge and evidence
- To sustain and develop students enjoyment of an interest in Chemistry
- To bring together knowledge of the ways in which different areas of Chemistry relate to each other
- Module 1 (Development of Practical Skills in Chemistry)
- Module 2 (Foundations in Chemistry) builds on GCSE topics such as: electronic structure, chemical bonding, molar calculations and the Periodic Table.
- Module 3 (Periodic Table and Energy) covers concepts such as energetics and rates of reaction, and equilibrium.
- Module 4 (Core Organic Chemistry) introduces basic concepts of Organic Chemistry.Organic Chemistry is the study of carbon compounds.
Attain at least a C grade in English Language/English Literature GCSE or Mathematics GCSE. Additional Science: B or Chemistry: B.
Unit 1 Breadth in Chemistry: 50% of total AS Level
Unit 2 Depth in Chemistry: 50% of total AS Level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Clement Danes School directly.