Science (Applied) at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- GCSEs to include C grades in Core plus Additional or Applied Science together with Maths and English Language
- Merit grade in a vocational Science Level 2 subject, if taken
- Recommended for students who achieve mainly B and C grades at GCSE
- Assessment based on coursework and exams
- This course is the vocational equivalent of one A Level and attracts the same number of UCAS points for university entrance.
More and more employers are looking for well-qualified people to work within the fields of science, technology, engineering and maths. This course has been designed to sharpen your skills for further study or employment in science-related fields by providing high quality, industry-recognised qualifications for people who enjoy learning in a practical, work-related way. The course is vocational and will develop your understanding of how science works in the real world. It will ensure you have the opportunity to gain specific knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to your chosen subject or area of work. You will learn by completing mandatory and optional assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. You will especially enjoy the course if you like the challenge of independent research, supported by directed classroom activities. Please note that you should choose A Level courses in individual sciences if you are looking towards a single science degree or a career in engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.