Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3 at Buxton & Leek College
The new qualifications at Level 2 & 3 programmes are "hybrid", i.e they combine both competence and knowledge components.
Your time will be divided between your workplace and college. Your employer will work in partnership with us to deliver your training programme. While you are in college may take part in practical skills sessions, theory and Functional Skills sessions (if applicable). Qualifications in Business and Administration are for anyone who wants to work in an administrative support role in public or private sector organisations, or for people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills.
A Level 2 Diploma is for those in a junior role who want to develop their skills to become a future team leader or business manager. You need practical knowledge of more complex administrative support, perhaps supporting meetings and events or retrieving information.
A Level 3 Diploma is for those with some knowledge and experience of administration systems who want to develop their skills to implement and monitor administrative procedures and systems or perhaps to move into a management role.
There are a number of different units to choose from taken from outcomes such as:
- Research Information
- Store, Retrieve and Supply Information
- Operate Office Equipment
- Using Bespoke Software.
As well as specific industry units such as team leading or administer human resources records we now offer the Medical Administration Diploma as part of this Apprenticeship programme
- If you are interested in administration and are looking to work in an office environment or if your work is connected with the health service sector this Apprenticeship programme will be really beneficial.
- You will get the best of both worlds - college and work - and earn as you learn.
- Our fully trained professional team of staff will create a clear development plan for you and offer you support, motivate and regular feedback on your progress.
- We will keep in touch with you at your workplace including visits.
- We will always give confidential and impartial information, advice, guidance and support to help you achieve your goals.
Your employer needs to be willing to support your training. Ideally, we would also like you to have GCSE Maths and English at grades A*- C or the equivalent.
You will have the knowledge and skills you need to progress in your career in business and administration. You may be able to move on to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration which will give you the skills you need to become a supervisor or leader in a customer service environment or If you have chosen the Medical Administration route you may wish to progress to the Medical Secretary Level 3 Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.