Music (Performing) BTEC Level 3 at South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College
- Had the opportunity to be a solo performer in performances in and out of school
- Developed your skill as a solo performer, concentrating on skill and technique
- Experienced and provided music within the community
- Had the opportunity to workshop with session musicians and people within the ‘industry’
- Looked at popular culture in more depth
- Developed rehearsal skills and worked towards a public performance
- Developed your understanding of the roots of music and it’s development over time
- Learned different music performance techniques
- Learned how stimuli can inspire and encourage song writing/ composition
- Visited music venues and learned about the ‘industry’
This course is 100% coursework; you will be assessed on your practical and written work. These assignments include working and improving as a solo musician, working in ensemble tasks and working on technique and musical skill. The assignments and tasks are aimed at you as a musician, you will be able to use your own interests and musical tastes to complete the assessments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College directly.