BTEC Music Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at King's Leadership Academy Liverpool
The Edexcel BTEC qualifications in this specification aim to provide a broad educational base for further training, further education and employment within the music sector. The qualifications will develop learners’ abilities through the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programmes. The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been designed in consideration of the Sector Qualifications Strategy (SQS) for creative and cultural industries.
4 units will be chosen from the following:
- The sound and music Industry
- Pop music in practice/classical music in practice
- Music theory and harmony
- Listening skills
- The sound and music industry
- Working and developing as a musical ensemble
- Composing and arranging music
- Improvising music
- 5 A* - C GCSE’s including English and Maths. Students should ideally have taken a Level 2 Btec or GCSE in Music, though if students have musical experience this will not be necessary.
- This course will develop the student with musical skills leading to progression into the music industry, teaching or developing your musical talents providing the discipline, organisational and self-motivation skills that universities and employers look for.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King's Leadership Academy Liverpool directly.