Health and Social Care (Adults) Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Diploma at RWP Training Ltd
This is a 12 month programme and you will gain these qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Be Safe
The qualification is appropriate for anyone aged 16 and above who has a caring nature, is able to adapt well to ever changing day to day situations or already has employment with a local employer.
Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to personal development
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Introduction to duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding & protection
- Role of the health & social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches
- Contribute to health & safety
- Handle information
Optional unit pathways include:
- Generic HSC pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Learning disability pathway
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades A*-D or 9-3, show enthusiasm for this sector and have excellent communication skills. Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment if required and interview. Employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS check.
Assessment will be carried out through a combination of observation of performance, evidence collected in the workplace, assignments, projects, discussions and online tests.
Candidates can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care (Adults).
You may already be employed, or we can help you secure a suitable position with a local employer who will support you throughout your apprenticeship. You will be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week whilst being paid the current national minimum apprenticeship wage.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.