Travel and Tourism Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you looking for a career in travel and tourism? Do you want a vocational route through Further Education?
This course provides you with an advanced introduction to the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors. You will continue to develop the fundamental skills of the industry, along with a more specialist set of skills.
The course is suitable for students progressing from a relevant Level 1 qualification, or from GCSE studies. It provides you with multiple qualifications and a starting point for your career. You will also be able to benefit from educational trips within the UK and abroad.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Discussions and tutorials
- Group work
- Outside visits
- Visiting speakers
- Case studies
- Work experience within the college
- Work experience in Spain or Portugal
- Virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
- 2 GCSEs at grade C or above; or,
- Travel and Tourism Level 1
- Other academic or professional backgrounds can be considered
- You must have an interest in the travel and tourism industry
- You must be enthusiastic and motivated
- You must have good social and communication skills
- You must be prepared to develop good customer service skills
- You will normally have to contribute a minimum of £350 towards outside trips. A means-tested financial fund is available to help with this cost
- Places on the programme are subject to a successful interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio work
- Coursework and assignments
- Group work
- End of unit online exams
Completion of this course will provide a range of options in employment and education. You will have gained advanced industry skills and qualities, allowing you to work towards a range of careers, either directly or after further training. This includes employment in local and regional tourism organisations, the national attractions market and the conference and events market, as well as overseas roles with airlines, resorts and tour operators.
In education, you will be able to progress onto a range of Level 3 qualifications, in travel and tourism or another subject.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including Travel and Tourism Level 3, available at the following campuses:
- Customer Service Manager
- Event Organiser
- Holiday Representative
- Hotel Manager
- Tour Manager
- Tourism Officer
- Tourist Information Centre Manager
- Travel Agency Manager
Programme code: 0802A02B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.