Nail Technologies Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
This course enables you to pursue a career as a qualified nail technician.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of nail enhancement treatments including the application of light cured gel, liquid and powder to create a nail extension, electric filing, gel polish and nail art, whilst looking in greater depth at the science behind these services.
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Nail enhancements using light-cured gel
- Nail enhancements using liquid and powder
- Electrical filing for nails
- Cosmetic science for nail enhancements
- Design and apply nail art
- Anatomy and physiology for nail services
- Airbrush nail art
- Gel polish for nails
- Promote and sell products and services
- Client care and communication
- Health and safety in the salon
- Contribute to the effective running of a business
- Working with colleagues in the beauty industry
- Social media marketing for a hair or beauty business
- Planning and implementing promotional activities
- Managing a commercial column
You should have a level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology (or equivalent), or a level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (or equivalent).
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed through ongoing practical observations carried out within a realistic working environment, portfolio evidence, external examinations and a graded synoptic assessment.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation
Upon successful completion of this course, you might decide to find employment or progress onto the HNC in Hair and Beauty Management.
As part of this programme you are required to wear a uniform. There is also a kit required to complete your assessments which can be purchased from a recommended supplier. You may be eligible for financial support to cover these costs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.