Photography UAL Level 2 Diploma at Harlow College
Learn about both conventional (film-based) and digital photographic processes including relevant computer applications such as Adobe Photoshop. Projects include location and studio and fashion photography.
The course offers a range of creative skills, such as image editing and working with a variety of photographic equipment and. It also offers many professional skills including meeting briefs and dealing with clients whilst on work experience. Completion of the L2 Diploma at Merit or above provides a route to further study at Level 3.
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art & design
- Introduction to contextual research in art & design
- Introduction to drawing skills
- Introduction to communication skills in art & design
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based problems
- Developing and producing a personal project in art & design
4 GCSEs at grades D-E, including English and Maths.
Assessment is unit based through lectures, practical assignments, group discussions, essays and regular educational visits to galleries and museums. In addition there will be a final major project in year 2. You will take part in regular discussions about progress with your learner mentor.
You must provide your own digital SLR camera. A materials fee of £150 for materials and travel to galleries and exhibitions.
Careers within the creative industries or progression onto university courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.