Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship Level 2 at CDC
This apprenticeship is for individuals working as maintenance operatives in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, repairing or renewing wood products, masonry, roofing, wall and floor tiling, decorating, bricklaying and plastering, depending upon the units taken in the qualification.
It covers a range of skills including carpentry and joinery; painting and decorating; wall and floor tiling; plastering; roofing or trowel occupations such as bricklaying or stonemasonry, allowing individuals to work as multi skilled operatives upon completion of the qualification.
Training is intended for apprentices looking to take the first steps in construction and give a solid foundation to advance into a trade specific discipline.
- Health and Safety
- Erect and Dismantle Access Equipment
- Understand Information in Construction
- Understand Construction Technology
- Masonry Trade Repairs
- Painting and Decorating Repairs
- Tiling, Plastering, Joinery and Plumbing
Further optional units decided upon at commencment of apprenticeship based on employer requirements
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
All learning done in the workplace with the exception of guided learning sessions 1 day per week at the Construction Design Centre and functional skills which, if required, is done through timetabled sessions also within the centre.
There are a range of methods of assessment to be used to collect your evidence. Evidence can include:
- Direct observation in the workplace by a qualified assessor
- Witness testimony of work carried out by you in the workplace written by an expert witness
- Questioning – this could be verbal, written or computer based
- Other evidence which can include photographs or personal accounts.
This qualification is recognised by the building industry and would enable the individual to get work on site within the building industry as a multi trade operative with knowledge of essential techniques in joinery, bricklaying, paint and decorating, tiling, plastering and roofing.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.