Arboriculture – Level 3 Extended Diploma at Sparsholt College
If you have a head for heights, then this course could be for you. While being taught by industry and academic experts, you’ll develop the practical skills and underpinning knowledge needed to go into the arboriculture industry or Higher Education.
You’ll perfect your skills in our extremely well equipped on site arboriculture and forestry department, as well as a variety of local off site facilities, from a private arboretum to Forestry Commission woodland and the New Forest.Topics covered
• Principles of plant and soil science
• Tree and shrub pruning and maintenance
• Tree felling and chainsaw use
• Arboricultural skills
• Tree identification
• Pests and diseases of trees
• Advanced arboricultural practices
• Tree surveys and inspections
• Woodland habitat management
• Advanced arboricultural machinery
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/Level 2 Diploma at Merit level.
Mature students may be considered with alternative qualifications or experience.
You must be aged 17 or over at the start of the course due to age restrictions on chainsaw use.
• FdSc/BSc in Arboriculture
• Arboricultural Association Technicians Certificate
• Level 6 Diploma in Arboriculture
• Self-employed arborist
• Tree Surveyor
• Conservation work
• Arboretum/Woodland/estate work
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.