Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship Level 3 at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
Successful completion of this Advanced Level framework reflects the ability to identify and use relevant understanding, methods and skills to complete tasks and address problems that, while well defined, have a measure of complexity. It includes taking responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures as well as exercising autonomy and judgement within parameters. It also reflects awareness of different perspectives or approaches within an area of study or work.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Heating to include Thermal, Solar and Gas Units:
Solar Thermal Route
Solar Thermal Route (option within pathway)
Applicants must have a level 2 NVQ qualification in Plumbing and Heating, Heating and Ventilation or a minimum of 5 years on-site experience.
Higher Education, University or progress onto ACS Gas Card.
- Organise Resources within BSE
- Domestic Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Domestic Central Heating Systems
- Understand and Carry Out Electrical Work on Domestic Plumbing and Heating Systems and Components
- Domestic Sanitation Systems
- Install, Commission, Service and Maintain Domestic Plumbing and Heating Systems
- Understand the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Know the Requirements to Install, Commission and Handover Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Install, Commission and Handover ‘Active’ Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Know the Requirements to Inspect, Service and Maintain ‘Active’ Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Inspect, Service and Maintain ‘Active’ Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Tightness Test, Purge, Commission and Decommission Gas Pipework up to 35mm 1¼ Diameter in Small Natural Gas Installations
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.