A Level Religious Studies at The De La Salle Academy
The Religious Education Department is a major department within the Academy. It fulfils a dual function, the faith development of the students and as an academic subject. The school is a Lasallian school and the department reflects this in all that it does.
- To pass on something of value - in this case our Catholic belief and traditions.
- To broaden and deepen our students' understanding of our faith.
- To encourage our students to see themselves as valuable members of the community.
- To assist our students to make wise and enlightened decisions in their lives.
- To help the students to see the place of God in our lives.
- To encourage a realistic view of life and its meaning to a Christian.
- To assist our students to an understanding of the world around them and its problems.
- To encourage our students to strive for goals that will somehow contribute to the common goals.
- To contribute as Catholic teachers in the work of evangelism.
- To prepare our students to achieve success at an appropriate level in external examinations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The De La Salle Academy directly.