Media Camb Tec 2 at The Sixth Form College Farnborough
You will be studying a range of units that will develop your knowledge and skills. The units are likely to include areas such as:
- Research into media institutions and analysis of media texts – you will gain an understanding of production processes, target audiences, distribution and marketing.
- Pre-production tasks – this covers the early stages of completing a media production project, for example storyboarding and script writing.
- Production of media products – this could range from production of audio visual work (e.g. making a short film or animation) to website design and photography for media products.
By the end of the course you will have a portfolio of work exploring a wide range of themes across a wide range of mediums. You will have developed skills in research and planning as well as expert knowledge and skills using a range of hardware and software equipment.
- Due to the coursework commitment, we like students to have at least two GCSEs at grade D or above.
- Experience shows that your chances of success in this subject are greater if one of these is in English Language.
- However, we like to look at individual achievements and will consider a range qualifications and experience.
- A keen interest in the subject and a high record of attendance are essential.
Assessment for this course is entirely through coursework. Each unit will be awarded with a number of credits, leading to a Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction overall.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sixth Form College Farnborough directly.