Uniformed Public Services - Level 3 Extended Diploma at Easton & Otley College
The course gives a comprehensive insight into a career in the Uniformed Public Services such as the army, navy, royal air force, police, ambulance service and other agencies such as border control.
Students will develop the physical and interpersonal skills to enable them to be successful in their application to a public service of their choice.
In addition there will be opportunities to further develop technical skills such as navigation through a programme of outdoor activities.Students will have the opportunity to visit a wide range of Uniformed public service organisations.
- Government policies and the Uniformed Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Uniformed Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Uniformed Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and training for the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Landbased and Water-based Outdoor Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its effect on society
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Police Powers in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning for the Uniformed Public Services
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C (English Language at Grade C) BTEC Level 2 Diploma (normally Merit overall)
- BTEC Extended Certificate plus 2 GCSEs Grade A-C
- other Level 2 qualifications
Assessment is through a range of written assignments, presentations and practical tasks.
- Higher Education courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.