Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT Diploma in Make-Up Artistry level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
If you would like to pursue a career doing makeup for theatre, retail, or as a make-up artist, then this is the course for you
There are lots of practical hands-on classes where you will learn:
• Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
• Client care and communication in beautyrelated industries
• Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
• Applying make-up
• Instruction on make-up application
• Applying airbrush make-up to the face
• Fashion and photographic make-up
• Designing and applying face and body art
• Camouflage make-up
• Media make-up
The purchase of a make-up kit is essential to the completion of this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
A level 2 Beauty Therapy or Media Makeup qualification. English and maths to be discussed at interview. You should also demonstrate an interest or knowledge of beauty therapy and wish to take up a career in the industry.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Mood boards
• Online learning
• Portfolio completion
Working in industry as a make-up professional.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.