Drama and Theatre Arts A Level at St Anne's Catholic High School for Girls
The course demands practical, creative and communication skills in almost equal measure. You will extend your ability to create drama and theatre, either in a performing or a production role. You will also be required to write in detail and depth about drama and to develop your powers of analysis to become an informed critic. The course will involve taking part in drama productions, as well as studying plays and playwrights.
- AS - Unit 1: Section A: Exploration Of Drama And Theatre. 40% Of The AS Course.
- AS - Unit 1 Section B: An Evaluation Of A Production Seen.
- AS - Unit 2: Section A: The Performance Of A Monologue. 60% Of The Total AS
- AS - Unit 2: Section B: Theatre Text In Performance
- A2 – Unit 3: Exploration of a Dramatic Performance. 40% Of The Total A2
- A2 – Unit 4: Theatre Text in Context: 60% Of The Total A2.
It is useful to have taken Drama at GCSE level, but not essential. It is important that you are interested in gaining a greater understanding of how theatre and plays work and that you are keen to be involved in performances. You should have achieved 5 A-C passes in your GCSE examinations, preferably achieved a Grade C in English Literature and English Language, an excellent record for attendance and punctuality and most importantly, a high level of energy and commitment.
TRIPS & EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Trips to the theatre
- Opportunities to enter the school talent show
- School productions take place every other year with the aim to involve students from KS3
- Drama clubs
- Extra intervention and support sessions for KS4 and 5 Students after school and during lunchtimes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Anne's Catholic High School for Girls directly.