Outdoor Adventure – Level 3 Extended Diploma at Sparsholt College
Throughout the course you’ll learn the practical skills and theory of climbing, mountain biking, kayaking and canoeing, amongst others.
Your first year will develop the personal skills needed before you focus on the leadership aspect of each sport. Practical industry experience is essential and in the second year you’ll carry out work experience on a seasonal paid contract as an Assistant Instructor, potentially leading to further training and employment.
As part of the course you’ll take part in trips and expeditions to North Wales, South Wales and Dartmoor, using our fleet of canoes, kayaks and mountain bikes.Topics covered
• Land and water based skills
• Land and water based leadership
• Expedition skills
• Outdoor and adventure activities
• Impact and sustainability in outdoor adventure
• Equipment and facilities for outdoor and adventure activities
• Principles and practices in outdoor adventure
• Alternative pursuits
• Current issues in sport
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English/Level 2 Diploma at Merit level with Level 2 English.
• BSc or FdSc courses in Adventure Education and Facilitation, Leisure Management, Watersports Management or Sports Coaching
• Sports, leisure or outdoor industries
• Outdoor activity/education centres
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.