Art and Design BTEC Diploma Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
This course introduces you to the essential knowledge, skills and techniques of art and design. You will study the areas of of art, craft and design; graphic design, fine art, fashion, textiles and 3D design.
You will also study Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Introduction to specialist pathways
- Creative projects in art and design
- Practical research project
- Developing an art and design portfolio
- Investigating contextual references
- Applying contextual references
- Recording for creative intentions
- Communicating ideas in 2D
- Communicating ideas in 3D
- Arts and crafts in the creative industries
- Designing for print and screen
- Sustainability in art and design practice
- Drawing from observation
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D-G preferably including English and 1 GCSE being in an art related subject
- Relevant art related Level 1 qualification at Merit or above and be working towards GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C
You will also need to provide a portfolio of artwork at your interview.
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfact
16 - 18 Years: Free
- 3D Designer
- Tattoo Artist
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Interior Designer
- Jewellery Designer
- Theatre Set Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Director or Producer
- Documentary Maker
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.