Art and Design: Fine Art at Neston High School
Students who opt for the Fine Art A level will produce work in one or more of the following areas:
* Painting and drawing
* Mixed Media
* Digital Art
Students will also develop skills and techniques in the following areas:
* Appreciation of different approaches to recording images, such as observations, analysis, expression and imagination
* Understanding of the conventions o figurative/ representational and abstract/ non-representational imagery or genres
* Appreciation of different ways of working, such as using under-painting, glazing, wash, assembling, mono printingand lino printing.
* Understanding of pictorial space, composition, rhythm, scale and structure
* Appreciation of colour, tone, texture, shape and form.
A typical project would involve students responding to the work of a visiting artist.
4 A* - D with 1 C in an Art and Design subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Neston High School directly.