Sport (Football Academy) Level 1 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
The Level 1 Football Programme is run in conjunction with Portsmouth In The Community. The programme will cover theoretical and practical aspects of sport and coaching, and introduce you to the leisure industry. You will also have the chance to develop practical coaching experience by assisting with community football programmes run by Portsmouth across the Island.
This is an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications in sport, and the leisure industry. The programme will also cover employability skills, to prepare learners for future careers.
On the Level 1 course you will gain a wide range of skills including how to:
- Design and conduct training sessions for young players.
- Improve young player’s motor skills and ball skills.
- Develop individual players sporting skills.
- Implement essential health and safety requirements and run safe sessions.
- Communicate effectively with groups of young players.
- Identify personal development opportunities in football.
- Promote and establish working relationships between players, coaches, parents and officials.
- Safely organise and supervise activities including Mini-Soccer and small sided games.
- Understand different aspects of coaching children.
You will be assessed by a mixture of written projects and assignments and practical assessment.
Applicants must pass an admissions interview, and have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s from D-G or completion of a Foundation Learning Programme. Current College students must have also successfully completed their current functional skills qualification and have demonstrated good levels of attendance. Applicants should also be aware that the course is quite demanding physically.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to progress onto the Level 2 in a Sports related qualification
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.