Fashion and Textiles BTEC Level 3 at Tor Bridge High
This is a vocational course that is ideal for those who like working in a variety of different ways, leading to a more specialist focus as the course progresses. You can opt to
study in one option block or two. The advantage of doing ‘double’ is that you can extend the amount of choice that you have from the optional units available.
Prepare for a career in the fashion and textile industry, experimenting with techniques and processes used to create exciting fashion and textile design.
Students are expected to get 6 x A* — C GCSE, including English and Maths (Grade 5 or
above). Students are expected to get a ‘C’ Grade or above in the subject that they are progressing to level 3, where applicable.
Extended Certificate (study in one option block):
You will be assessed on four units:
1. Visual Recording and Communication (externally
2. Critical and Contextual Studies (externally assessed)
3. The Creative Process (centre assessed)
4. Optional Specialist Unit (centre assessed)
Foundation Diploma (study in two option blocks):
1-4 above, plus:
5. Materials, Techniques and Processes (centre assessed)
6. Optional Specialist Unit (centre assessed)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tor Bridge High directly.