Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Apprenticeship at Seevic College
Become a vital part of one of the most important public services in the UK, and help ensure the next generations secure their futures.
You'll support teachers in a real educational environment, supervising activities and helping learners to reach their full potential.
From planning with the class teacher to providing feedback after activities, you'll quickly advance your knowledge of this rewarding sector.
Alongside exploring the different types of schools available in the UK, you'll also look at the work of influential theorists and relevant legislation to your work role.
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children and Young Adults
- Schools as Organisations
- Support Learning Activities
- Promote Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children and Young Person Settings
- Support Children and Young Person Health and Safety
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
Optional Units will be agreed with your employer.
General Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language or Literature and Maths.
Specific Entry Requirements
Working towards Level 2 ICT.
You'll attend college one evening per week and be assessed in the workplace by your portfolio of evidence.
You could progress on to a Teaching degree and university, or continue in your your employment. Potential roles could include a Learning Support Assistant and Teaching Assistant.
As well as our Tutors' excellent experience of the sector, we also have strong industry links with relevant educational organisations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.