Wood Occupations Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at City College Plymouth
Want to make sure that you have the advanced practical craftsmanship and technical know-how you need to take you to the next level in your industry? Our Wood Occupations Advanced Apprenticeship will make sure you have just what you need to be able to demonstrate to an employer your competent, capable craftsmanship will make you a valuable asset to their business. We'll help match you to the most appropriate employer too, to help your career take off.
The course content will include:
- NVQ: Level 3 in Wood Occupations
- A choice of one out of two occupation routes can be pursued in site carpentry or bench joinery
- Functional Skills: Maths and English
- Technical certificate: Diploma in Bench Joinery or Site Carpentry
- Additional requirements: Employment Responsibilites & Rights (ERR) programme of study.
- Personal Learning and thinking skills (PLTS) - Independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective thinking, team working, self-management and effective participation.
Entry is by an initial assessment at the Work-based Learning Department. Relevant employment is essential. Previous experience and a Level 2 NVQ will be useful.
There is continuous assessment. You will be required to sit end tests for each unit within the technical certificate. There will also be practical assessments. Depending on your prior qualifications you will sit multiple choice examinations for functional skills - maths and English.
Successful completion will greatly enhance employment opportunities and progression
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.