Health & Social Care Extended Certificate Level 2 at Bexhill College
This Level 2 course allows you to study and explore a range of interesting units of work, all relevant to providing an in-depth view of the world of work in health and social care. You will investigate the sector in the classroom and will also go out into a range of work place settings, allowing you to put theory into practice.
The course comprises of several compulsory units which include;
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding and protecting in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- You will also complete two optional units which may include two of the following;
- Anatomy and physiology
- Common care disorders
- Creative activities
- Health and well-being
- Nutrition for health and social care
A range of 3/2 or D-E grades at GCSE.
You will provide a portfolio of evidence which will include essays, PowerPoint presentations, leaflets, and booklets. Plus 2 externally assessed units.
You will undertake at least 30 hours work experience as part of the course. There may be some transport costs involved, although placements are arranged near to home or college where possible. There is a cost for a DBS check and a college polo shirt and sweatshirt.
You could progress to Level 3 Health and Social Care or other Level 3 qualifications such as Childcare or to an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.