Leisure Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship at Derby College
The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations is aimed at people who wish to work in operational roles in leisure and recreation facilities.
Learners will cover:
- contributing to joint working with other organisations
- supporting the development of the sport or activity
- setting up, taking down and storing activity equipment
- contributing to environmental conservation in active leisure and recreation
- giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation (ICS)
- looking after participants when they are away from home
- enabling disabled people to take part in activities
- contributing to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment
Your apprenticeship framework will be designed around your prior achievements and working requirements. Your standards of English and maths should be suitable for study at this level. Good communication skills are essential.
Assessments will take place through vocational competence, the development of a portfolio of evidence and assessment for the technical qualifications associated with the pathway. English and maths will be assessed through controlled assessment or exam.
You can advance your career within the sport and active leisure sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.