Information Technology BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Kenton School
The course is broken into two parts.
You will study eight topic units:
• Communication and Employability Skills for ICT
• Computer Systems
• Information Systems
• Software Design and Development
• Communication Technologies
• Computer System Architecture
• Digital Graphics
• Computer Animation
You will also study four CISCO accredited units:
• Networking for Home and Small Businesses
• Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP
• Introducing Routing and Switching
in the Enterprise
• Designing and Supporting Computer Networks
These CISCO accredited units combine to form the
CCNA Discovery qualification.
You will normally need to have the following:
A BTEC First Extended Certificate in ICT (Merit or
above) and at least four other GCSEs at grades A*-C
(including: Maths and English).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kenton School directly.