Barbering City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Bedford College
A full-time one year programme for City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Barbering. This exciting programme will be delivered by our new partnership with Jagged Edge Barbers and Bedford College. During the programme you will be based at BROOKS commercial salon, High Street, Bedford for your training and Jagged Edge Barbers for work placement.
The course will consist of:
- Practical sessions
- Theory sessions
- Functional Skills and/or GCSE
- Work placement at Jagged Edge
- An individual timetable set across 4 days a week.
The following units will be available for study:
- Unit 210 – Cuts men’s hair
- Unit 211 – Cut facial hair
- Unit 207 – Colour and Lighten hair
- Unit 203 – Client consultation Services
- Unit 204 – Shampoo and Condition the hair and scalp
- Unit 201 – Working in the hair industry
- Unit 202 – Follow health and safety Practice in the salon
- Unit 205 – Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Unit 104 – Styling men’s hair
- Unit 212 – Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector.
- Unit 213 – Display stock to promote sales in the salon
- Unit 216 – Salon reception duties.
You will complete a weekly work placement within the Jagged Edge Barbers. The programme will also involve demonstrations of current barbering trends. By successfully completing the course you will earn a City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Barbering.
To start this course you will need a keen interest in barbering, and 3 GCSEs at grade A*-D (including English) or a Level 1 qualification.
Following your intensive practical training you will complete formative and summative assessments. The theory training will involve assignments on online exams. You will also be required to study at home during the course.
At the end of this programme you will be a qualified Level 2 barber, ready to pursue a career in barbering with Jagged Edge subject to a successful interview.
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform.
Kit cost: 2 x block heads – total £64.80 and 1 x barbering kit – total £105.00 approx.
Uniform cost: £46.99
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.