Early Years Education & Care (Early Years Educator) CACHE Level 3 Diploma (VRQ) at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
You will work both in the classroom and in placement to complete 8 units that will make up two professional portfolios that demonstrates your competence in childcare and Early Year’s education.
Throughout the course you can expect to cover the following topics:
- Child Development from Conception to Seven years
- Children’s Health and Well-being
- Providing Safe Environments for Children
- Child Health
- Play and Learning
- Children’s Additional Needs
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English and maths)
- Satisfactory DBS (£44 to process)
You will be assessed via practical and written assignments. You will also be observed whilst on placement.
You could progress onto a level 3 diploma in childcare and education (early years educator).
Employment opportunities could involve work as a practitioner in day nurseries, pre-schools, nursery schools and reception classes in primary schools.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.