Level 3 Event Management at Leeds City College
If you are interested in pursuing a career in Event Management or Marketing, then this could be the course for you. This course is designed to give you a broad base of knowledge and experience to prepare you for working in the events or marketing industries or for progression to a higher-level course or apprenticeship in Event Management or Marketing.
- Understanding the events industry
- Understanding the role of marketing and advertising
- Practical skills required to manage an event
- Production and Distribution of publicity to market the event
- Identifying funding streams
- Preparing and maintaining a budget
- Actions to reduce Health & Safety risks
What you will get from the course
- Experience of planning and running live events from start to finish.
- Workshops in the principles of marketing and experience in creating a range of marketing materials
- Opportunity to develop and manage your own event.
- Practical experiences to help build your CV.
- Achieve an AIM Award Level 3 Diploma in Live Events and Promotion
- Tutorial support to aid your career progression
- Opportunity to resit either English or Maths GCSE, if necessary
Entry requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or equivalent, including English & Maths
- A successful interview - this is nothing to worry about, this is just to ensure you're at the right level for this course.
- A keen interest in Events
Please note: this qualification is funded only for 16 to 18 year olds.
This course is practical based, with some written elements used to support this. Whilst in College you will take part in group activities and discussions and will keep a portfolio of the work done in class. You will have individual discussions with your tutor to discuss your progress and how they can support you.
16-18: no fee.
Upon successfully completing this course you can:
- Upon successfully completing this course you can progress to further study in either Event Management or Marketing.
- You could undertake an apprenticeship in either Event Management or Marketing.
- Alternatively, you could choose to enter full or part-time employment.
English and Maths are built into your qualifications if your grades are below 4/5
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.