Beauty Therapy Massage Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification (QCF), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating competence and practical skills linked to the job
- A technical certificate, achieved at College, showing the theoretical principles and knowledge relevant to the job and other qualifications valued by employers such as:
- Functional skills, which show competency in English, maths or I.C.T applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
In the workplace, candidates complete a work-related qualification consisting of a combination of mandatory and optional units including:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body massage
- Provide Indian head massage
- Massage using pre-blended oils
- Provide stone therapy
- Plan and provide air brush make up
- Provide female intimate waxing
- Provide self tanning services
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. They must be employed in a business setting for a minimum of 30 hours a week (including work and College). Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, English, ICT or science. All applicants will be individually interviewed and assessed.
Please contact the Business Development Team for further details:
- Tel: 0800 046 7720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some courses are fully or partially funded, depending upon individual circumstances.
After you have successfully completed this course and gained the relevant experience you could progress into a senior position within your work place.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.