Engineering BTEC First Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma at Exeter College
The course is designed to give the fundamental knowledge and experience needed when starting out on an Engineering career. The course provides a
balanced mix of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering basics.
You will follow a timetable and learn in classrooms, laboratories and workshops.
- Working Safely in Engineering
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Information
- Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Using Computer Aided Drawing techniques in Engineering
- Selecting Engineering Materials
- Selecting and using secondary machining techniques
- Electronic Circuit Construction and Testing
- Production Planning Techniques
- What experiences will I get?
- You will use state-of-the-art CNC and CAD equipment
You need four GCSEs at grade D or above (including English, maths and a science) with an interest in engineering as a career.
All students need to have overalls, safety boots, drawing equipment and a scientific calculator. You will be required to have boots overalls and polo shirts which are ordered through our supplier. You will also have to pay £50 to cover faculty materials.
You could progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (subject to achieving a Merit or Distinction), an Apprenticeship or A Levels, or full time employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.