Horticulture Level 3 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This course is designed for students who wish to develop a comprehensive overview of the horticulture industry - encompassing practical techniques and technical skills. It will prepare you for a range of careers in supervisory and management positions. Alternatively, it provides an ideal progression route to Higher Education and degree courses in Horticulture, Landscape Management and Garden Design.
The course is divided into a number of modules which may include:
- Plant and soil science
- Horticultural techniques outdoors
- Work experience
- Establish and maintain plants
- Business management
- Estate skills
- Horticultural production techniques indoors
- Investigative project
- Construction of decorative features
- Principles of garden design
- Advanced horticultural science
This course is delivered through classroom-based lessons, practical sessions and tutorials.
- A Level 2 qualification in horticulture or equivalent or enter directly if you possess five GCSEs in the A* – C range
- Entry is also subject to a successful interview
- Practical assessments
- Written assignments
- Progression with further practical experience to supervisory level jobs within private gardens, National Trust, public parks, garden centres and nurseries
- Progression to the Level 4 Diploma in Horticulture
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.