Chemistry A-Level at Wembley High Technology College
The course covers key ideas in physical, inorganic and organic chemistry and enables students to think in an analytical, logical and rigorous fashion.
- Core Inorganic and Physical Chemistry: Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table; Bonding and Structure; Redox I; Inorganic Chemistry and the Periodic Table; Formulae, Equations and Amounts of Substance
- Core Organic and Physical Chemistry: Bonding and Structure; Formulae, Equations and Amounts of Substance; Organic Chemistry I; Modern Analytical Techniques I; Energetics I; Kinetics I; Equilibrium I
- Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry: Equilibrium II; Acid-base Equilibria; Energetics II; Redox II; Transition Metals
- Advanced Organic and Physical Chemistry: Kinetics II; Organic Chemistry II; Organic Chemistry III; Modern Analytical Techniques II
- General and Practical Principles in Chemistry
Double Award Science and Maths GCSEs grade A*– B, or Science BTEC at Distinction Level and Maths GCSE grade A*– B, plus a pass in a written entrance exam.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wembley High Technology College directly.