Brickwork Level 3 Apprenticeship at Swindon College
The course is designed for people employed in the construction industry.
We follow a flexible learning strategy, with the majority of time spent in a practical environment. The course delivery includes: Demonstrations, practical workshops, theory, assignments, learning packs and project work. Students have the opportunity to gain a wide range of practical skills both at College and on building sites in real working conditions.
The Apprenticeship includes the following units which have a credit value attached:
• Conforming to general safety in the workplace.
• Confirming work activities and resources of an occupational area in the workplace.
• Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace.
• Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace.
• Erecting masonry structures in the workplace.
• Setting out masonry structures in the workplace.
• Setting out complex masonry structures in the workplace.
• Erecting complex masonry structures in the workplace.
There are a further two optional units from which credits may be obtained:
• Placing and finishing non specialist concrete in the workplace.
• Repairing and maintaining masonry structures.
The Apprenticeship is open to those aged 16+ in suitable employment who hold GCSEs, (or equivalent) at grade D in English
and maths. You will also need to have the interest, enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.
Please note that funding restrictions may apply to apprentices aged 19+. Also, Apprenticeship funding is currently not available for those who have a degree, HNC, HND or equivalent Level 4 or above qualification. This means you as the Apprentice would be liable for the full fees of the course.
For more information contact the Apprenticeship Team 01793 498208.
All assessment is continuous and in accordance with NVQs, your ability to do the job will be confirmed by:
• Observation of your work.
• Material you collect.
• Accreditation of prior learning.
• Questions asked of you regarding your particular work situation.
On completion of this course subsequent training could be the Certificate in Site Supervisory Studies (CIOB).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.