Health & Social Care Intermediate Apprenticeship Certificate - Work Based at Eastleigh College
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social care consists of 4 elements which are:
- Health and Social care NVQ
- Health and Social Care technical certificate
- Employers Right and Responsibility unit
- Functional skills in maths and English at level 1.
This qualification is made up of mandatory and optional units. Learners are able to take one of three pathways in this qualification: Generic, Dementia or Learning Disabilities.
The Mandatory units are:
- Promote communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Promote good practice in handling information
There are no prerequisites for this qualification other then you need to be employed in the Health and Social care industry within a job role that will allow you to meet the standards of the qualification.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as: professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
Learners successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress onto further
qualifications, such as:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.