Entry to the Uniformed Services - Level 2 NCFE Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
The course is a mix of both classroom-based study and practical work with some activity based units. This will help you explore the requirements for a career within a public service organisation.
English and maths are a mandatory part of the course and you will be required to study these at the appropriate level, which will be determined by your previous achievements in these subjects. These qualifications are designed to enhance your employment opportunities and support you to progress.
- Investigate employment in the uniformed services
- Physical fitness for the uniformed services
- Develop team working and problem solving skills
- Health and safety in the uniformed services
- Health and hygiene in the uniformed services
- Follow uniformed service routine
- Ecploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
- Carry out map reading and navigation
- Undertake adventurous activities.
As part of the programme of study, you will complete a range of units to develop your understanding of the sector and progression into public services. You are also required to carry out volunteering opportunities and work experience.
- Four GCSEs with at least 3 points (grade D) including English and maths or Level 1 Functional Skills English and maths.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
- Practical and task-based work
- Fieldwork tasks
Employment possibilities within a wide range of uniformed and non uniformed public services such as police, fire and rescue service, prison service and the armed forces.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.