Carpentry & Joinery Introduction Level 1 Diploma at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Producing basic woodworking joints
- Using and maintaining hand tools
- Preparing and using portable power tools
- Geometry and site measurement
- Timber technology
- Mechanics and adhesives
- Information, quantities and communicating with others in the construction industry
- Building methods and technology in construction
- Carrying out safe working practices in construction
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Entry Level 3 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at E grade or above, or equivalent qualifications, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 1.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.