Retail Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Gloucestershire College
Retail covers a host of businesses, from market stalls and independent shops to national chains and large superstores. This apprenticeship covers a range of skills across this vast sector.
As an advanced apprentice your training will focus on gaining specific skills within the retail sector, including merchandising, stock control and in-store/window displays. You are likely to have more responsibility than an intermediate apprentice and will therefore gain important management skills.
The skills gained from a retail apprenticeship are transferable to all retail companies.
Example job roles as an advanced retail apprentice include: • Senior Sales Assistant • Craft Expert (e.g. Bakery) • Supervisor or Team Leader • Visual Merchandiser Supervisor • Department Manager • Store Manager (small outlet)
There are a number of elements to an apprenticeship and this is called the framework.
The apprenticeship framework has three main strands - technical element, competence based element and skills element.
For this apprenticeship the qualifications gained will be:
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- QCF Level 3 Diploma in Retail Skills
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Mathematics
In addition you will also study Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Three GCSEs Grade A - D including English and Mathematics
- Successful completion of the Retail Intermediate Apprenticeship
- and the ability to undertake Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Mathematics.
- All applicants are assessed at interview to ensure correct level of study. Prior qualifications or experience in a relevant job will be taken into consideration.
You will be required to compile an online portfolio of evidence demonstrating you knowledge and competence and all assessments will take place in the workplace. An Assessor will guide and support you to achieve this qualification.
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups above 16 years of age, whether you are just leaving school, seeking to start a new career or are moving into a new role with your existing employer that requires new skills.
As an apprentice you will earn a salary, whilst working alongside experienced colleagues at work and studying for your qualification.
You may progress to supervisory/management level within the retail sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.