Art & Design Level 3 Diploma at Hall Cross Academy
The level 3 Diploma in Art and Design is intended for students who wish to study an Art and Design based course at degree level or further education.
The course has been designed to enhance practical skills, through the exploration of a broad range of art disciplines, for example life drawing, ceramics, printmaking, painting, sculpture, textiles and photography.
Alongside this students will be required to conduct independent research into a range of artists, art movements and different perspectives to develop contextual understanding and knowledge.
Students will then begin to evaluate their own learning to develop personal projects.
- Visual Recording and Communication
- Critical and Contextual Studies in Art and Design
- The Creative Process
- Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design Photographic Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Graphics Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Interactive Design Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Fine Art Materials, Techniques and Processes
- 3D Design Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Textile Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Fashion Materials, Techniques and Processes
- 3D Design Craft Materials, Techniques and Processes
6 A* - C including English and maths.
We would recommend that students have achieved B grades in art or an art based subject at GCSE.
We will also make decisions about student suitability based on the strength of a GCSE portfolio.
The exam board is PEARSON
This course has been developed with many employers, higher education providers, colleges and schools to ensure that students' needs are met.
Employers are looking for recruits with a thorough grounding in the latest industry requirements and work-ready skills such as teamwork. Higher education needs learners who have experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines.
Visits to exhibitions and galleries, life drawing and artists in residence will be used to give students the opportunity to broaden their art experience.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hall Cross Academy directly.