Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Amersham and Wycombe College
If you are over the age of 16, an Apprenticeship allows you to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst working in paid employment. Your programme will last 13 to 15 months depending upon your age and experience. Learners considering this framework should have an interest in working with children and should be suitable to do so as it is a requirement to undergo an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
You will complete units to equate to a total of 66 units of competence which will be assessed in the work place by your personal assessor.
• 13 mandatory units equals 31 credits
• optional units to a total of 35 credits
The programme covers all aspects of childcare for young children from birth up to the age of 19 years. The units are listed below:
• Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (3 credits)
• Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (3 credits)
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings (2 credits)
• Child and young person development (2 credits)
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (3 credits)
• Maintain and support relationships with children and young people (3 credits)
• Support children and young people’s positive behaviour (2 credits)
• Contribute to the support of child and young person development (3 credits)
• Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety (3 credits)
• Contribute to the support of the positive environments for children and young people (3 credits)
• Understand partnership working in services for children and young people (2 credits)
• Paediatric emergency first aid (1 credit)
• Managing paediatric illness and injury (1 credit)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
The ERR element of this framework will be met by completion of an externally assessed and verified qualification which covers all nine of the national outcomes/ standards required by SASE:
CACHE L2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
If you do not have the relevant grades in Maths and English, you will complete a total of 2 key skills and you may be required to take an exam depending on your current qualifications in:
• English level 1
• Maths level 1
• ICT level 1
On completion of the elements above you will be accredited with an Apprenticeship Certificate.
There are no formal entry requirements for this Apprenticeship, however you will need to be employed for at least 30 contracted hours per week in the vocational setting that you wish to do your Apprenticehsip in.
You will be allocated a college assessor who will visit you in your place of work and help you to build a portfolio of evidence against the national Standards of your Apprenticeship.
Your Apprenticeship Qualification will enable you to progress to the following qualifications and you may be able to gain credit for
the work you have already done.
• Advanced Apprenticeship
• NVQ Management Level 4
• Foundation Degree
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Amersham and Wycombe College directly.