Hairdressing NVQ Diploma Level 2 at Taylor's Training Ltd
The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as a hairdresser. During your training you will follow health and safety guidelines, give customers a positive impression, advise and consult
with clients, shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp, change hair colour, cut hair using basic techniques, style and finish hair and set and dress hair.
- The apprenticeship route involves working in a salon for 4 days and attending Taylor’s Training one day per week.
- An alternative option involves working in a salon for 5 days per week and an assessor from Taylor’s Training Ltd will then visit you in the workplace to carry out your assessments.
The programme covers all aspects of ladies hairdressing and works towards gaining an accredited qualification that is recognized in industry and an essential for hairdressers.
We work closely with employers and learners to meet individual training needs.
The Apprenticeship Framework includes:
- Health & Safety
- Client consultation.
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Hair styling
- Positive impressions
- Reception skills (optional)
- Permanent waving (optional)
- Promoting services and products (optional)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Additional and Functional Skills in English and Maths
- There are no formal entry requirements. Good GCSE grades are preferred but not necessary; however, a commitment to customer service and a passion for hairdressing is essential.
- Learners can discuss their own circumstances if additional support is required.
- Assessment is through portfolio building and assessment of practical skills, written work and assignments.You will be assessed as the programme progresses.
- Learner progress is monitored through discussion and reviews.
- Support is provided throughout the course
- Photographic evidence has been recognized as good practice and is constantly used at Taylor's Training Ltd as standard.
- Apprentices will pay registration/certification at induction, this is non-refundable.
- Apprentices are expected to purchase a tuition head later in the year for the cutting programme.
- All other resources are provided by the training school.
- The Apprenticeship wage is £2.68 per hour. A minimum of 30 hours is required.
- On successful completion you can undertake further training on the Hairdressing NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Opportunities can range from junior and it is also possible to specialize in one particular area as a technical specialist.
- Opportunities with brand leaders can lead to lucrative positions as technical representatives or manufacturer representatives.
For further information please see our website or visit our Facebook page.
Tel: 01484 717035
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Taylor's Training Ltd directly.