Technical Pathway at UTC Plymouth
Personalised learning options chosen from AS/A2 levels (choice of 4)
*(choice of 1 in Technical Pathway) and Vocational Qualifications:
- English (Language and Literature)
- Product Design
- Business Studies
- and Manufacturing Engineering (BTEC L3 Extended Diploma
- Core PE/Sports
- Work Experience
At UTC Plymouth we’ve carefully created a training and learning environment which truly feels like a real workplace. You’ll quickly notice that the language and terminology we use is similar to that used in the workplace, and demands and deadlines require high levels of commitment and self-motivation.
With this in mind, the curriculum at UTC Plymouth is delivered through a combination of:
- Fully qualified teachers
- Experienced trainers from industry
- Teaching assistants
- Higher-level training assistants
- Mentors form related industries
- Projects delivered with the assistance from local employers
Students are able to follow a personalised curriculum through two different pathways; Professional and Technical, all of these lead to nationally recognized qualifications such as AS/A Levels and BTEC’s as well as Industry standard qualifications. Whatever your pathway, you will find a wide selection of routes for progression at the end of your course which will enable you to become successful as an individual at UTC Plymouth.
At UTC Plymouth we accept young people who have a genuine interest in the technical and practical aspects of the courses we run.
Our college is the place to study if you:
- are academically-able in STEM subjects
- have aptitude for the sciences, engineering or business
- want a new experience from educational learning and are prepared to meet, in full, the expectations and commitment to UTC Plymouth.
We accept students who are looking to join us at the start of Year 10 or 12. We’ll also happily accept applications from 16 or 17-year-olds seeking a second chance having already begun a post-16 course and withdrawn.
Foundation Degree in an Engineering at Plymouth University or any other University.;
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact UTC Plymouth directly.