Media at Outwood Academy Ripon
(1) Texts - students focus on deconstructing, analysing and then constructing their own media texts from a variety of sources including TV, film, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines, advertising, CD / DVD covers and others.
(2) Audiences - students learn how media texts are constructed to appeal to very specific target audiences and will learn how these audiences are identified and used within the media industry. They will then have to apply this knowledge when creating their own media texts.
(3) Industry - students investigate the media industry at a micro and macro level, learning about the structure of organisations from within, how companies operate within the different fields and how the media are governed and regulated.
(4) Research - students learn about different types of research and gain skills to adequately research the different aspects of their projects.
(5) Production skills - students are expected to expand their skills in a number of areas of production which could include photography, print, audio, moving image or interactive media.
In order to access this course you need 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including English. It is also essential that you have a recommendation from your English teacher to show that you have the right skills and work ethic to succeed on this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Outwood Academy Ripon directly.