Spanish A Level at Ysgol Y Strade
You will study grammar and develop your translation, reading, speaking and writing skills in the target language. In year 13 you will also get the opportunity to study Spanish films.
SN1: Oral Exam in 2 parts
- General Conversation
- Conversation with the examiner on two of the topics studied.
SN2: Exam with listening, reading, translation and writing
SN3: Oral Exam in 2 parts
- Discussion of an article on one of the themes.
- Presentation on a Spanish film, novel or region of Spain.
SN4: Exam with listening, reading, translation and writing questions.
At least 5 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C.
SN1: Oral exam with external examiner, 12 -15 minutes
SN2: External Exam 2 h 30 m
SN3: Oral exam with external examiner, 15 –20 minutes
SN4: External Exam 3 h
- A chance to become competent in a language spoken throughout Europe and the world.
- The ability to speak Spanish opens doors to many careers such as business and marketing,the law, medicine, the media, politics and many more.
- As an academic subject the study of Spanish will allow you to develop many transferable skills.
- An opportunity to study the culture and traditions of Spain and Latin America.
Bwrdd Arholi: CBAC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.