Sport - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at St Leonards Catholic School
The award is equivalent to 3 A levels with the potential of achieving 360 UCAS Points. In order to complete each unit, students must achieve against a set of outcomes. The assessment criteria address theory with practical exercises. The assessment process is ongoing, so it allows the student to analyse and improve their own performance through their course in much the same way as they would in a real workplace.
The entry requirements for the BTEC Extended Diploma study are:
- each applicant must achieve at least eight GCSE or equivalent Level 2 Qualification passes at grade A*-G
- each applicant must achieve at least four GCSE or equivalent Level 2 Qualification passes at grade A*-C
- any applicant failing to achieve at least a grade C in GCSE English and/or Mathematics undertake a re-sit course in Year 12.
- each applicant must study the General Religious Education Course to completion
- each applicant must undertake the work experience of this course, as arranged.
These qualifications are designed to enable students to either enter employment in a Sport related career, or to progress onto University to study a Sports related degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Leonards Catholic School directly.